I applied to some writer’s residency programs – including the Amtrak one that you all helped me with – but didn’t make it in any of them, and wondered how much of that has to do with my subject matter. “Hi, I’d like you to give me food and lodging to write about my sex life and build a guide to queer sex,” isn’t really the kind of thing grant trustees usually fund.
So, with the help of Alex, family and some friends, I’m funding my own writer’s residency program by camping and couch hopping with Alex for six weeks, four of which will be spent in Alaska housesitting for one of my best friends. The rest of the time, I’ll be in the Redwoods, Oregon and Washington, writing as often as possible next to lakes under the shade of pine trees.
Which means, from June 13 – July 27, I’ll have limited access to this blog and social media, and from July 28 – August 13, I’m going to be 100% offline (with the exception of checking my email weekly).
If you need something urgently, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. I will check my email once or twice a week at an Internet cafe, but other than that, I will not be online.
Here’s what I will be doing instead during that time:
- Finishing my memoir Losing It: My Life as a Sex Blogger.
- Finishing my new Frisky Feminist Press guide Bawdy Love: A 10-Step Program to Stop Hating Yourself.
- Starting a new guide Tina Horn and I are working on that I’m very excited about! Details coming soon at FriskyFeminist.com.
- Editing your submissions for Sex Toy Erotica, A Frisky Feminist Anthology (Submit your ideas!).
Here is where you can get your Queerie Bradshaw fix until I’m back:
- See my SexEdHangout youtube interviews! You can also hear them on the Queerie Bradshaw Podcast if that’s better for you.
- Take my Writing to Enhance Your Sex Life online class at Frisky Feminist Press, coming June 18.
- Read my “Choosing a Harness for Strap-on Sex” guide on Frisky Feminist Press.
- SUBMIT TO ME! Send your erotica featuring sex toys by July 6. Details at FriskyFeminist.com/SexToyErotica.
As always, thanks for your support of my endeavors into the wild abyss. See you all in August!