As we’ve said here and constantly talked about on Twitter, Jessenia and I are heading to BlogHer 12 in NYC, a blogging conference that focuses on the importance of and influence of women bloggers (male bloggers are welcome as well). I’m speaking twice, once as a sex blogger and once as a digital publishing consultant, and am very much looking forward to the blorgies.
I leave Saturday, July 28 (ACK! that’s tomorrow!!!!!!!) and Jessenia leaves Tuesday, July 31. We’ll both be gone until August 6. Neither of us are bringing our computers. (EEEK! SCARY! WITHDRAWALS!) Since we’ve made a commitment to post something on here every day of the work week to keep ya’ll entertained, we will prep posts ahead of time and they’ll go live as usual, but our response to your comments may be slow. Because we are still attached to the Interwebs via our phones, you can always find us on Twitter if you need something as well. We’re on there constantly. (Or I am, Jessenia isn’t quite as addicted as I am. Yet.)
We’re very excited to meet awesome bloggers, roll out the Big Deal campaign, learn a lot about blogging and help make this site better for all of us.
But, before the conference starts, before Jessenia even gets there, before I have a hotel room and professional responsibilities, there will be massive amounts of New York City debauchery, done mostly with my good friend Damon.
When Damon and I are together, you can guarantee there will be lots of dancing, no sleep and, occasionally, a few fights over who is going home with whom. Damon is why I love visiting the Big Apple oh so much. Damon is why I could never survive living there.
The first time I visited Damon in NYC, I was dating The Wind and so debauchery was kept to a minimum. The next time, however, I was so single it hurt, and Damon made sure it hurt in a good way. The most recent time I visited him, a group of us stayed up until 5 a.m. taking nudey shots in a photobooth, downing shots straight out of the bottle and hanging with sexy semi-celebrities.
It was awesome.
This time, I’m not sure what’s going to happen, but here’s a list of things Damon and I want to do while I’m there:
- Catch lightening bugs at night in Central Park (a suggestion made by Cdub the Philosopher)
- Go to a sex club and watch a woman in a leather catsuit beat a man in a business suit
- Make popcorn with truffle salt and watch Legally Blonde in our PJs
- Use Legally Blonde as shopping inspiration and get Damon a new wardrobe
- Dance somewhere that plays 90s rap and hip-hop music, specifically Nelly’s Country Grammar
- See the infamous Bianca del Rio hilariously bitch out a lot of people
- Visit the Cubby Hole, a famous lesbian bar
- Make out with boys. Yes, both of us.
- Make out with girls. Ok, this one might just be me.
- Eat a hot dog from a street vendor at 4am.
- Speaking to bloggers about blogging as a business
- Speaking to bloggers about sex blogging
- Passing out stickers for the Big Deal Campaign
- Passing out Wet lube samples with my business cards!
- Giving away Moregasm, one of my favorite sex ed books, to people who have sex questions that we don’t have time to answer at the sex blogging panel
- Giving away Crash Pad porn to peeps at Queerosphere
- Giving away prizes on the blog to those who couldn’t make it to BlogHer
- Hanging out with sex bloggers at the Babeland blogger party
- Getting lots of free stuff in the Expo Hall
- Making amazing new friends while dancing in a sea of glitter at Sparklecorn
- Hanging with people I’ve only connected with through Twitter (I’ve done a lot of that these days)
- Seeing the look on Jessenia’s face when she first sees Times Square (very excited about this)
- Being surrounded by amazing, wonderful, strong, powerful, sexy, empowered women
Any suggestions for what (or who) else I should see or do this time around in NYC?