Welcome to Mixed Tape Mondays where we embrace the fact that as women and queers we stereotypically make sappy mixed tapes/CDs/playlists and share these emotionally charged gems with our friends, in this case that’s ya’ll, or lovers, also some of y’all.
For our first one, we’re gonna go extra sappy.
I’m trying to convince D.E. to give us another chance. I’m not sure it’s going to work, we both are in very different places in life right now – literally, ze is in China and I am in Oregon. But I knew that if I was going to try to make amends, the first step was to make a damn good playlist.
It’s not my best work – I am a lesbian, we make a lot of mixed tapes, it’s a thing – but I thought I’d share my “Win Zir Back” mix anyways:
1. Video Games – Lana del Rey
2. Working My Way Back to You – Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
3. Back in Your Head – Tegan and Sara
4. Long Day – Matchbox Twenty
5. Incomplete and Insecure – The Avett Brothers
6. Make You Feel My Love – Adele
7. The Way I Am – Ingrid Michaelson
8. Make Someone Happy – Jimmy Durante
9. We Belong Together – Randy Newman
10. For Sentimental Reasons – Sam Cooke
11. Stand by Your Man – Tammy Wynette
12. We Belong Together – Ritchie Valens (Ricardo Valenzuela)
13. Breakable – Ingrid Michaelson
14. When It Don’t Come Easy – Patty Griffin
15. A Long December – Counting Crows
16. Bring It On Home to Me – Sam Cooke
17. February –D.E.
This is a song written by D.E. about our break-up. I’m not just partial, it’s a great song and makes me cry and I wish I both love and hate dating a musician because they send you beautiful stuff like this.
Have you ever tried to win someone back? If so, what songs did you use?