Searching for Something?
Frisky Feminist Press
Check out Frisky Feminist Press, my endeavor to bring accessible, judgment-free sexual education from the top experts in the field directly to you.
We have free guides and online classes.
Grab the above code and put it on your site to show your support for sex education.
Get Emails About Giveaways and Major Announcements
- Belly Aches, a.k.a. Fat-Shaming Has Made Me Afraid to Go to The Doctor
- Seven Sexy Things to Do With Your Tax Refund
- Missed My Panels at Catalyst Con East? These Storify Threads Will Fill You in on All the Great Info!
- HuffPost Live: What America Gets Wrong About Sex, featuring Joan Price, Margot Harris and Me
- Stuff We Love: We-Vibe Tango – Including a Giveaway!
- Responding to Fat Shaming, a.k.a. #NotYourGoodFatty Takes Over Twitter, Makes My Day
- Queens Watching Queens, a.k.a. My Nights Hanging with Bianca Del Rio in NYC
- New Strip Club Opening in Portland, a.k.a. The Most Hipster Place You’ll Ever Visit
- Hang Out Online With Sex Educators, a.k.a. A Series of Online Chats with Sex Educators and YOU!
- Ten Tips for a Successful Long-Distance Relationship (Including Friendships!)
Tag Archives: fat
There is a sharp pain in my right side and I refuse to go to the doctor about it. Here is why: When I was 7, I went to my first fat doctor. I remember sitting there naked with my … Continue reading
When I was a kid, I was literally told I would never find love because I was fat. Well dad, I found it; on Twitter. The body-positive movement that I connected to via fellow bloggers and tweeters has changed the … Continue reading
In March, I’m on the opening keynote plenary panel at Catalyst Con East (you can use code “QUEERIE” for $10 off registration), a conference intent on “sparking communications about sexuality.” For the keynote, I’ve been asked to talk about how I’m moderating … Continue reading
Meet Me In Seattle, a.k.a. I’m Teaching Three Exciting, Educational & Entertaining Workshops in Seattle, January 18 & 19, 2014
Hey Seattle, I’m coming for your brains! To be more specific, I’m coming to fill them with lots of delicious, sexy knowledge during three (yes three!) workshops the weekend of January 18 & 19, 2014. Each workshop will be highly … Continue reading
When Catalyst Con announced that photos from the event were up on their website, I got very excited. I spoke three times and there was a professional photographer there, giving me high hopes for a new profile photo or something … Continue reading
Right after the whole titcircle debacle, I was sent a link to an article on the Huffington Post written by Peg Fitzpatrick called “Words Have Power, Use Them Wisely.” Peg Fitzpatrick is the assistant to Guy Kawasaki, one of the … Continue reading
My Cleavage is a Big Deal, a.k.a. A Hate Blog Posted A Picture of My Boobs from BlogHer13 As an Example of Unprofessional Behavior
When I was a kid, I got in trouble quite frequently. I was highly outspoken, realizing early on that I didn’t have to listen to what others told me to do, that I could form my own thoughts and make … Continue reading
It’s amazing how quickly I can fall down the self-deprecating rabbit hole. One simple image sends a million negative thoughts racing to the front of my brain and soon I’m falling over, tripping into the void of despair, hating things … Continue reading
Healthy Challenge: “The Whole Weight Thing” aka My Doctors Need to Stop Blaming My Conditions on Me Weight
“You’re doing something about the whole weight thing, right?” my doctor asked yesterday, without looking at me. She seemed more uncomfortable about the number my body registered on the scale than I was. “It’s been a rough couple years.” I … Continue reading