Searching for Something?
Frisky Feminist Press
Check out Frisky Feminist Press, my endeavor to bring accessible, judgment-free sexual education from the top experts in the field directly to you.
We have free guides and online classes.
Grab the above code and put it on your site to show your support for sex education.
Get Emails About Giveaways and Major Announcements
- Seven Sexy Things to Do With Your Tax Refund
- Missed My Panels at Catalyst Con East? These Storify Threads Will Fill You in on All the Great Info!
- HuffPost Live: What America Gets Wrong About Sex, featuring Joan Price, Margot Harris and Me
- Stuff We Love: We-Vibe Tango – Including a Giveaway!
- Responding to Fat Shaming, a.k.a. #NotYourGoodFatty Takes Over Twitter, Makes My Day
- Queens Watching Queens, a.k.a. My Nights Hanging with Bianca Del Rio in NYC
- New Strip Club Opening in Portland, a.k.a. The Most Hipster Place You’ll Ever Visit
- Hang Out Online With Sex Educators, a.k.a. A Series of Online Chats with Sex Educators and YOU!
- Ten Tips for a Successful Long-Distance Relationship (Including Friendships!)
- Five Facts I Love About the Clitoris a.k.a. Happy National Clitoris Day!
Tag Archives: personal story
Why I Spent My Saturday of Catalyst Con Crying Instead of Having Sex, a.k.a. Grief Hits at the Worst Times
For the most part, I love speaking at conferences. For the most part, I love being the person who encourages people to dig deep and share their Truths, to talk about the difficult – from money to grief to racism … Continue reading
You don’t say no to a person like Alex. When they ask you to come along for the ride, you say yes, because yes is the only option. Adventure is subjective, a thing people seek in various contrary ways. The … Continue reading
Don’t you just hate it when someone gushes all about how cute and romantic their relationship is? Too !@#%ing bad because I’m about to do that right now, right here. Swoon, I’m in love. But you already knew that, didn’t … Continue reading
My good friend died the night before last and I hate the familiarity of this emptiness. I hate how acquainted I am with grief, with this black hole in my soul, one that keeps sucking and sucking, compelling me to … Continue reading
When Catalyst Con announced that photos from the event were up on their website, I got very excited. I spoke three times and there was a professional photographer there, giving me high hopes for a new profile photo or something … Continue reading
A year ago today, a team of surgeons at City of Hope medical center sliced open my brother and saw a body wracked with cancer. Nevertheless, they kept cutting, determined to remove what they could of this invasive parasite eating … Continue reading
“You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” – Theodor Seuss Geisel, a.k.a. Dr. Seuss My therapist calls me the “Great Manifestor.” It’s probably more accurate to call me the … Continue reading
Right after the whole titcircle debacle, I was sent a link to an article on the Huffington Post written by Peg Fitzpatrick called “Words Have Power, Use Them Wisely.” Peg Fitzpatrick is the assistant to Guy Kawasaki, one of the … Continue reading
My Cleavage is a Big Deal, a.k.a. A Hate Blog Posted A Picture of My Boobs from BlogHer13 As an Example of Unprofessional Behavior
When I was a kid, I got in trouble quite frequently. I was highly outspoken, realizing early on that I didn’t have to listen to what others told me to do, that I could form my own thoughts and make … Continue reading
How do you decorate for a party you never wanted to attend? How do you fill a room with cheer when no cheer can possibly be found? “What would he want?” we asked ourselves over and over again, as if … Continue reading